Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yahoo is my email provider. Do I need to apply for virus, etc. protection?

My current McAfee protection has expired. Do I need to have this protection, or does Yahoo provide protection automatically?
Yahoo is my email provider. Do I need to apply for virus, etc. protection?
Yahoo does have an Online Protection package. It is the eTrust(Computer Associates) anti-virus and anti-spy program. It also has parental control program and Nortorn Email Anti-Virus scanner.. I have this package and like it very much. The AV is updated throughout the day by Computer Associates.





I also use the Windows Defender Beta 2 Anti-Spy program and SpywareBlaster Browser protection program.





You can only use one AV program, but can and should use more than one AS program. The SpywareBlaster does not scan or remove Malware. It runs and blocks the spyware from getting on. It does not catch everything though. With 1500 new virus/spyware programs every month, it is almost impossible to do enough updates to keep up. It does do a great job though.





For Windows Defender go to Microsoft.com and put Windows Defender Beta 2.





For SpywareBlaster go here. It's in the first red box.





http://www.filehippo.com/
Reply:Viruses are also spread by downloads and malicious code from websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment