Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I received an email from my Internet provider alerting me that they were notified of copyright infringement.?

I would like to know how to block my IP address so that any downloads would not be traceable. Thank you for your help.
I received an email from my Internet provider alerting me that they were notified of copyright infringement.?
Simple solution:DONT DO IT!


Copyright is there toi protect the interests of people who spend a lot of time and money in creating books,songs,movies whatever and you are stealing from them.


How would you feel if you wrote a book and then I copied it and printed it and sold it without you getting a share?


And by the way,don't be fooled about using programs such as safepeer etc,you will still be traceable and then your isp will cancel your service.
Reply:Not possible...your ISP gives you the IP, and they know who has it. Everything you do, goes through their routers. If you do something illegal..you will get busted.





Comcast did the same thing to one of my students a few years ago. He brought me a copy of the letter. I framed it, and hung it on my classroom wall. They listed the titlel of the copyrighted material, how many files were in the download, the size, the IP, the computer name, and the account holder.


The problem, most kids dont get busted, their parents do. He got in big trouble.





Learn the diffference in right and wrong. Karma happens.
name dictionary

No comments:

Post a Comment