Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How can I make Yahoo my default email provider with vista?

Hi folks... I know with XP, you go to internet options, click on programs, and then email. But with vista, it doesn't even have the "email" part for me to configure. I'm so frustrated because everytime I click on an email address, I automatically start outlook and I can't stand that program. Thanks in advance...I hope you've had a great long weekend. J.
How can I make Yahoo my default email provider with vista?
you can set yahoo as your default email, so that when you click on an email link it will be yahoo and not outlook. i don't think it's available to those with a free yahoo account, but is available to those with a yahoo premium account which must be purchased. basically you can't have web based email as your default email, but the premium yahoo account (i believe) provide a POP client that you can download and then make it as your default email. there should be an option under options on the right hand side of your screen which will give you an option to make yahoo as default, in a dropdown menu.
Reply:Thank you for this info. I did pay $19.95 for y!mail but still not getting messages on my palm treo 750 mobile phone like it said it would. What is wrong? Report Abuse


No comments:

Post a Comment