Saturday, November 7, 2009

Who is the best email provider?

I've only used yahoo but occasionally I use msn. I've heard I should use gmail.
Who is the best email provider?
Having used yahoo, hotmail (msn), gmail, and a really odd one that you can find in the sources section, I have to say it depends entirely on how much you use it and what you use it for.





Obviously, yahoo is good if you want to use yahoo answers. That's pretty self evident. I haven't tried using all the new features yet (I had an account a long time ago, then got a new one more recently), but it seems pretty good.





I'd say hotmail is similar to yahoo in a lot of ways. Similar look, similar amount of advertising, similar organization of the mail. Meh. I use it, but I'm not a terrible fan.





I really like gmail. I find it takes a bit of getting used to at first, but I like having the ability to put many different labels on any given e-mail, I like the lack of flashing banner ads, and things just flow a little more cleanly. I also find the built in chat indispensable. It has a few less features than hotmail in terms of making pretty coloured e-mails, underlining stuff, etc, but I've found that I really don't miss that.





The one from abcde.... is really only useful for the ability to have a long e-mail address. You won't get a lot of spam, but you also won't get many e-mails from your friends for some reason....





I'm assuming you are sticking to freely provided webmail. Many internet providers also provide e-mail, and each of those has it's pros and cons. I prefer webmail because it means I can use it wherever I am, and I don't lose it when I switch internet providers.
Reply:yahoo is my fav. ive had yahoo, aim, gmail, and hotmail

No comments:

Post a Comment